Nova Net Lab
Policies and Procedures
Instructor: Mrs. Stene School Phone: 281-5400
The Nova Net lab provides students with opportunities to recover credits lost in past semesters through a computer-based, online learning system.
The lessons are self-paced and available all day in the lab.
Your scheduled class time
7:20 – 8:00 a.m. (Everyday)
*The lab will be closed because of:
- Mandatory staff meetings,
- Substitute is working,
- Other unforeseen circumstances.
Rules and Expectations: The 3 R’s: Be Responsible, Ready and Respectful
1. Respect others. Students may be studying different subject matter at different grade
levels. Do not bother others and respect their learning environment.
2. Please be prepared for class: Notebook, pencil, pen and a positive attitude. All notes
will be collected as part of your grade. Note taking is a must!
3. Be in your assigned seat and ready to work once the bell rings.
4. Stay on task. Do not waste time. If you finish an assignment and do not have time to
start the next module, you will be expected to read a book. If you don’t have one I
will supply one for you.
5. No food, gum, candy or pop are allowed in the lab.
6. No foul language.
7. Backpacks are to be left in the hallway outside the door. The floor needs to be clear of
clutter so that the teacher can assist students with questions.
8. All other district rules and policies apply.
* cell phones
* music devices
9. Surfing, checking email, or blogging are not allowed!!! Warnings will be issued and
privileges will be removed if abused.
10. Respect and care for school property. Students will be assessed the repair fee for
computers/ printers/ speakers if malicious treatment to the equipment occurs.
Remember, you are responsible for your space. If you give a friend your computer
password, and they damage the equipment while on your desktop, you will be
assessed the charge.
11. If students are in the lab during off times – all rules apply. This is not a socializing
area, but a classroom for studying.
12. Please respect your space. Leave the room cleaner than you found it!
13. Use the 8-minute passing period for bathroom visits and drinking fountain. You will
be marked absent if you are not in the room when the bell rings.
14. Please complete your own daily assignments and tests.
Consequences for inappropriate behavior:
1. Infraction 1: Student/Teacher conference
2. Infraction 2: Student/Teacher conference; Parent notification, Dean referral
3. Infraction 3: Possible removal from class.
- Severe offenses will result in more severe consequences. Examples may be:
- Violation of acceptable use policy
- Cheating – (ex: clicking through material without reading)
- Giving out password
This course requires students to master the material at an 80% level before they are allowed to continue. Because this is a credit recovery course, you may not be able to receive an A grade.
I have read and understand the classroom rules: _________________________________
I have read and agree to follow the acceptable use policy. ______
I am looking forward to a positive semester and acquainting myself with each student.
Best of luck